Monday, May 4, 2015

Do you suffer from cold sores?


The other day,  I went camping at the desert and moon gazed under the stars for hours.  The desert nights are dry with chilly winds. The following evening, I felt a tingly sensation on my lip. It's not the kind that you get from something pleasurable. The sensation was brewing that a cold sore was on its way. 

Immediately I opened up my book, which is my bible and lifesaver when it comes to medicine. 


I discovered that Melaleuca is one of the oils used to treat cold sores. 

And let's try to understand.....

Melaleuca oil (Melaeuca alternifolia, or more commonly known as tea tree oil) has been used to heal wounds by cultures around the world for many centuries.  The plant leaves from myrtle shrubs and trees are steam-distilled into oil, and said to be 12x the antiseptic strength of phenol. 

Directions: 
*Apply 1-2 drops directly to cold sore
*Repeat at least 3 times per day, up to every 2 hours.

I applied Melaleuca oil to cold sore once before bed, once the next morning and once in the afternoon. The puffiness, painful and tingling sensation gone! Cold Sore has moved on to a reduced, cracked and dry skin.

My curiosity is relentless, so I continued to research online.

"A cold sore is caused by the Herpes Simplex Virus 1 (HSV-1). A large percentage of the population carries the virus. Unlike antibiotics and prescription drugs, essential oils can penetrate cell membranes, which is where viruses live – within the cell. This makes it extremely effective at not only stopping cold sores, but killing other viruses as well."

And the most strongest anti-viral oil is...

Oregano.
In order for this intricate virus to dissipate and fast! I had to try the strongest anti-viral!

So, I applied 1 drop of Oregano oil & rubbed in the affected area. Beware of the smell, taste and sting of oregano, which is extremely strong. Yet, soothing. 

After the sting was gone, I applied Fractionated Coconut Oil to my lips for moisturizer. 

                      
24 hours later...it's holistically healed.

*Please understand that every body chemistry is different and some oils may work better for you. Applying a small amount of oils of your choice with  fractionated coconut oil in the affected area is recommended.

This is why I love essential oils! This is why I would love the opportunity to share them with you.  

If you have any questions about oils and how to buy them, comment below or email me at honey5prana@gmail.com.  


No comments:

Post a Comment