Thursday, May 7, 2015

How do you BREATHE?

I am a yoga practitioner 5 to 6 times a week. Sometimes, I wonder what I can do to eliminate the thick smell in the room from the previous class. It's hard to breathe. What do you do? Nothing, right? Maintain the etiquette, flow with the smell and try not to have the BO like some.

However, that’s natural so I will not pass judgement.  Heck, they may say something about me and my scent? Who knows? As everyone knows that you can’t smell or notice your own natural aroma, unless someone notices it for you. Whether it’s from natural body odor or sprays of chemical perfume. We all know that it’s not yoga studio etiquette to wear perfume during practice.  My golly, that would tickle my nose as I perform my “ujjayi” (*See below for definition). 

Back to my point, I did notice some yoga teachers will turn on the fan after the thick sweats of yoga class lurking in the room. Thank you! And some teachers will not. And thank you too. So, I ask myself, "How do you BREATHE?"  

Consequently, I decided to bring the essential oil blend, BREATHE and put this bad boy around my nostrils before class. 

And so it is...my respiratory system during my practice was more clear and able to have an abundance of “ujjayi” without constraints. Additionally, going back to the desert from tropical paradise has given me the gift of dry congestion and allergies. It's wonderful for my allergies. BREATHE Essential Oil is amazing and one of my favorites. I diffuse it all the time especially before bed. And now I have a small vile to take with me everywhere to prepare for any congestion issues or block out any unwanted odor. And so, this is how I BREATHE. 


How do you BREATHE?









*Ujjayi (pronounced oo-jai) is an ancient yogic breathing technique that helps calm the mind and body. Commonly translated as “victorious breath,” Ujjayi has a balancing influence on the entire cardiorespiratory system and releases feelings of irritation and frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment